On This Episode:
- This week in The SituAsian Room, Emilie, and Zach welcome Rahat Babar, Esq. to talk about the importance of building trust between communities of color and law enforcement, civil rights, and much more. Rahat is a strong advocate for the AAPI community as a former president of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania and a chair the Civil Rights Committee for the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
- Hate continues on as China Virus was burned onto an Asian American man’s lawn in Austin, Minnesota.
- Awkwafina to Donate Music Sales to Help NYC’s at-risk Chinatown Businesses
Key Topics of the Episode:
- Civil rights threats to the Asian American Pacific Islander community
- The relationship between law enforecement and communities of color
- Community engagement and community policing
- The Immigrant Trust Directive in New Jersey
- The importance of communities of color to support each other
Resources Mentioned, Suggested Readings, Social Media Handles:
Connect with Us:
- Thank you so much for tuning in to this episode of The SituAsian Room! Make sure you guys follow us on social media and stay up to date on all of our upcoming episodes:
- Since you’re already on our website…check out our blog! As we continue to release episodes, we also post content on our blog that talks more about the topic we discuss in the SituAsian Room!
Produced and Hosted by Emilie Villaverde and Zach Ng
Edited by Kyle Hudson
Music by Eway Sounds
A Crimson Planet Media Production
Distributed by KeystoneDigital.tv