In the SituAsian Room, two young Asian Americans, Emilie & Zach, discuss the perpetual foreigner stereotype, address questions like “Where are you really from?”, and in “Dish it Out” as they embark on their journey into exploring Asian America, just in time before the end of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
Originally Recorded May 24th, 2020
Produced and Hosted by Emilie Villaverde and Zach Ng
Edited by Kyle Hudson
Music by Eway Sounds
A Crimson Planet Media Production
Distributed by KeystoneDigital.tv
On This Episode:
Welcome to the SituAsian Room! In this pilot episode, co-hosts Emilie and Zach introduce themselves and this new podcast that goes on a journey to explore Asian America! Together, they make awareness of the George Floyd incident and the existing problems that are caused by white supremacy. The main topic of the episode discusses the perpetual foreigner stereotype, the history behind it, events, and the experiences caused by the perpetual foreigner stereotype. Finally, Emilie and Zach introduce the segment “Dish It Out” and talk about some of their favorite foods.
Key Topics of the Episode:
- George Floyd & White Supremacy Awareness Statement
- Introducing the SituAsian Room!
- The Perpetual Foreigner SituAsian
- Dish It Out – Foodie Segment
Resources Mentioned, Suggested Readings, Social Media Handles:
- Key facts about Asian Americans, a diverse and growing population – PEW
- East Coast Asian American Students Union (ECAASU)
- Follow them on Instagram! @ecaasu
- Like them on Facebook!
- Vincent Chin
- Japanese Internment Camps
- George Takei
Dish It Out:
Connect with Us:
- Thank you so much for tuning in to this episode of The SituAsian Room! Make sure you guys follow us on social media and stay up to date on all of our upcoming episodes:
- Since you’re already on our website…check out our blog! As we continue to release episodes, we also post content on our blog that talks more about the topic we discuss in the SituAsian Room!